Nanaimo RCMP Community Policing Program
The Nanaimo RCMP Community Policing Volunteer Program is a joint effort between the City of Nanaimo and the Nanaimo RCMP and supports a broad range of community-based crime prevention programs and community policing initiatives within the City of Nanaimo. The purpose of this program is to encourage the community to become involved in crime prevention and crime reduction programs. An effective strategy for building community safety is one where citizens play a key role in contributing to safety and community development in partnership with the police and other social service agencies.
News & Updates
The purpose of the Nanaimo RCMP Community Policing Volunteer Program is to strengthen community and police partnerships by educating, engaging and empowering volunteers to support and assist the City of Nanaimo and the Nanaimo RCMP in the safe and effective delivery of authorized crime reduction and prevention activities. The overall aim of the program is to enhance the general safety in the City of Nanaimo for all its citizens.
The Nanaimo RCMP Community Policing Volunteer Program respects and is guided by the values established by the RCMP. These values are:
The Nanaimo RCMP Community Policing Volunteer Program and activities will:
- contribute to the community safety priorities set out by the City of Nanaimo.
- contribute to the policing priorities set out by the Nanaimo RCMP Detachment.
- offer effective programming that’s evidence based in order to promote community safety and positive community development.
- be progressive, proactive, and innovative in the delivery of the program and volunteer activities.
- provide a safe work environment so all volunteers can carry out their assigned tasks competently and safely.
- offer effective services and activities that appeal to a wide range of volunteers.
- recognize volunteers for their time and commitment.
- promote the volunteers and the program activities within the community in order to maintain a well resourced program.
- empower volunteers with the knowledge and insight into policing and community safety activities and challenges so they become ambassadors for the City of Nanaimo and the Nanaimo RCMP.